Stopping to Smell the Coffee Beans

...

Thursday, January 13, 2011

The Color Purple


I think I have a new obsession: Purple. I've never liked it before. In fact, I wouldn't even give purple a chance until recently when I had my change of heart.

"Purple combines the stability of blue and the energy of red. Purple is associated with royalty. It symbolizes power, nobility, luxury, and ambition. It conveys wealth and extravagance. Purple is associated with wisdom, dignity, independence, creativity, mystery, and magic." Colorpro.

Creativity, wisdom, mystery and magic? I'll take it! What colors are you drawn to this year?

4 comments:

David Thometz said...

Violet leaning toward blue has always been my favorite color, along with purples in general. It's great to see some sophisticated versions of the hue becoming popular, both in bright violets and magentas as well as more neutral shades and tones.

Lisa Love said...

Love it, thanks David! do you have a blog for me to follow?

Renee said...

Purple is where its AT!

Lisa Love said...

Sure is Renee!!!!