Stopping to Smell the Coffee Beans

...

Friday, November 19, 2010

15 Years of Friendship


Love is when two people know everything about eachother and are still friends.

Most people graduate from high school, move on and never look back. I did not not do this; even when I moved 600 miles away from home, I always remembered where I came from and why I am who am I. Was it perfect?

Not at all. But that's why it's perfect.
I forgot Mari's birthday once, Rommy and I didn't talk for like 3 weeks bc he was annoyed with me and Katie and I liked the same guy once. But you see that's what friends are. People you can argue/fight/push boundaries with and LEARN/grow/Love from it.

15 years later, we are all still in love.

I've been through a lot of firsts with these three: my first day of middle school, kiss, getting my license, zit, heartbreak, prom and much, much more. Today, they are still the ones I call to laugh, cry, share and learn with. They never expect me to be anybody but ... me.

What would I do without you highschool friends?


3 comments:

kelsey liebich said...

wow...thanks Lis....I feel so loved....thanks for adding me on the list....OK OK...so we havent been friends for 15 years...but I feel like I should get some recognition! You're def. getting a spanking later. hehe. Love you!

Lisa Love said...

Kelsey, you are so funny! I LOVE YOU!!!!!!! And yes 4 years of friendship with you has been amazing!!! That's why i blogged about you HERE/...http://www.sporkproject.com/2010/09/pasta-sequins-girlfriends.html

love you!

Jenni Austria Germany said...

you're so pretty, that first picture is stunning!