Stopping to Smell the Coffee Beans

...

Thursday, August 26, 2010

The last of Dog Days: What I'll Miss about Summer

My favorite season is Fall but that doesn't mean I wont miss the little luxuries of summer. Today was the first day I could smell that familiar scent...dried leaves. Oh, how I love that smell! But here is a tiny list of the little things I always miss when summer is over.
  • Homemade Margaritas
    Without fail my go-to drink on patios, rooftops, poolside or sittin' on the couch iChatting with Nick is the Margarita. When I found this recipe for Cucumber Jalapeno Margarita's on GastroChic I had to try and so should you. The spice of the jalepano paired with the crisp cool cucumber is the perfect marriage. Delish!


  • Backyard BBQ's

I love sharing laughs and conversations with friends over yummy grilled goods. I especially love when these BBQ's have picnic tables with checkered table cloths. (photo source)

  • Frozen Yogurt Escapes
I live about 50 ft from an adorable frozen yogurt place called Star Fruit. It's the best and it has an adorable outside patio that is great for snacking, escaping the work load for a m oment and day dreaming. I will miss cooling off on hot humid days.

  • Ripe Seasonal Fruit
I eat berries, watermelon and apples day, noon and night. In the winter it's bread, soup and more carbs. There is nothing sweeter than fresh fruit for breakfast.

image source


4 comments:

Legs said...

This is great! I have to share this with Ian. :D Thanks!!

iamchasingthirty said...

I am excited for fall but, seriously, this post makes me want to forget shopping for sweaters and soak up every last bit of SUMMER. Wednesday isn't too early for a marg, right??

Suki said...

I couldn't agree more!!

... said...

thanks ladies!!! And it's never too early for a marg :)