Stopping to Smell the Coffee Beans

...

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Pure Michigan


(I love the photo with my hair flying in the wind, drinking cheap white wine!)

Yay, Nick and I get to hang out this weekend!

I love going home, even just for a night, and going boating on my parent's boat. Their Marina and Yatch club both reside on the beautiful waters of Lake St. Clair, a lake my parents grew up on living in Grosse Pointe, Mi.

On Wed night Nick's family, my parents and my parents childhood friends all gathered around 630PM for some good 'ol boating fun. Of course I made it into a photo shoot. Haha.

Did you know that Nick and I grew up less than 2 miles away from each other? Funny huh. We didn't meet til we were out of college(Nick went to Miami of Ohio, I went to Columbia College Chicago), both living in Chicago and 22-years-old. Crazy how that works, right? Makes going home very convenient for us.

I sometimes like night rides the best because the sunsets are breathtaking.

What do you think? Would you come to visit Pure Michigan?

3 comments:

Legs said...

That picture of Nick holding you is the sweetest picture I have ever seen. In fact all of these together make me so happy! I'm so glad you had a nice trip. Michigan has never been as nice for me when I've gone. Looks absolutely beautiful!

suki said...

Never been, so yes, I'd visit! :)

And I second Legs' comment re: the sweet picture!

... said...

Awe thanks ladies :)

It was such a fun night! I love boating so much, it hurts!

Legs, I'll be in DC all next week, lets get together if you are free! coffffeee double date?? :)