Stopping to Smell the Coffee Beans

...

Saturday, July 10, 2010

The Perfect Storm: Downtown Chicago


tunes: Money, Pink Floyd

The storm in Chicago yesterday were CRAZY wild. Tornado sirens, 40 mph winds, green skies -- oh my! I pulled the photos above from The Daily Mail that shows the city during the storm. Looks like Gotham City, right? The Willis and Trump Tour were both struck by lightening simultaneously. I literally put red shoes on and waited for a house to fall on top of me. Oh, Dorthy.

I love these photos my friend captured of me running in from the storm. I was literally being lifted off the ground from the gusts of winds.

Do you love storms as well? I just LOVE summer storms. I open my door and sit on my stoop and watch the rain fall. It's cleansing and calming somehow.

photo source

3 comments:

Johanna said...

Lisa...I think I have your shoes in green. No lie.

Anonymous said...

DUDE, I was in Chicago a couple of weekends ago and there was a big storm and I literally told my friends that I thought that it looked like Gotham City.... great minds little lady. :)

La Historiadora de Moda said...

I just came across your blog, and I'm liking what I see!

I love thunderstorms, but I draw the line at tornadoes.