Stopping to Smell the Coffee Beans

...

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Come Sail Away with Me!


Memorial Weekend was absolutely perfect in Michigan. I flew in to host a wedding shower on Saturday and was pleasantly surprised to find out my friends from Chicago (who are also from Michigan) were in town so we went boating all day Sunday and Monday. Ahhh.. bliss!

Since I grew up on a boat (age 6 I knew how to kneeboard & ski) I feel so much clarity while on the water. I've actually always said I wanted to live on water again ... I miss it so much. My dad's new boat really hits the spot though when I'm feeling claustrophobic from the city hustle. What a beautiful escape.

I'm happy to be back in Chicago though -- it's gorgeous here !

xoxo

7 comments:

Cole said...

Looks like so much fun. cute suit too. :)

E said...

I love, love your swimming suit.

Johanna Palka said...

Cute suit girlie!

Jennifer said...

That water looks so nice! I want to jump in!

... said...

thanks ladies!
The suit is a vintage find at my favorite vintage store in Detroit Lost and Found. Ah, they have everything amazinggg!

Dmbosstone said...

Whoever took these photos did a great job- btw what's that diet soda you are holding? Diet Vermont? Vermouth?

... said...

dmbossstone - Thanks, I took all the photos! :)

Also, it's called Vernors. It's a Michigan ginger ale. It's seriously SOOO GOOD!