Stopping to Smell the Coffee Beans

...

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Getting My Snap-appetite Back



Sometimes life knocks you down to your knees and all you can do is pray.

You are forced to surrender to what life has thrown you and figure out how you'll get yourself back up... and put one foot in front of the other.

I say this not for pity but as an explanation for my lack of blogging. The past 2-weeks have turned my world upside down and I'm slowly building back my "snap-appetite". Taking photos of me in a downer mood isn't pretty, I promise I'm doing you a favor.

Without delving too much in my personal matters (i know my blog is pretty personal...) I want to thank all my lovely blogger friends who have checked-in to see if all was well. I'm still breathing, the sky hasn't fallen and I'm healthy. So really, everything is OK but emotionally I'm still fragile. Thank you for the support + love during this tender time.

Instead of trying to stop the waves, I'm learning how to surf....


and sometimes it sucks.

I feel so blessed to have this blog to pour my ideas, life experiences and thoughts into. It's more fulfilling than I ever thought it would be! I look forward to sharing some life updates. Some things to look forward to reading:

1. I won a huge prize at a bra event. (yes, you read that right. Random!)
2. I got in a water balloon fight.
3. Hair & makeup tutorials by me with one of Chicago's finest blogger-fashionista's.




5 comments:

Legs said...

Hope you're doing ok. Sorry to hear it's been a rough couple of weeks for you. Hope everything begins to turn around!

... said...

Thank you sweetheart :)

Krysten @ After 'I Do' said...

Sorry to hear you're having a rough time. But a water balloon fight sounds like lots of fun!

Anastasia said...

Sounds like you are doing better now. Glad to hear it! I love the quote about stopping the waves. Awesome.

... said...

Anastasia, I'm feeling much much better. You are so sweet. Look at that AWESOME BUMP!