Stopping to Smell the Coffee Beans

...

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Vegan Soy "Ice Cream" Nails

dish: vegan soy nail polish (ha!)
tunes: Kid Sister, Pro Nails


As Kid Sister would say, I got my toes done up with my fingernails matchin'.
I love summer nails! See, in Chicago we only have a few months to actually show our our pedicure personalities so when summer hits I try to be as creative as possible.

This week's look: Soy Ice Cream. {I did it myself!}

I am currently obsessed with Karma Organic's soy based, non-toxic, vegan nail polishes.
Yes, soy!

Karma Organic's was created by
celebrity manicurist Nausil Zaheer, who also built the first organic nail spa in New Jersey, Karma Organics Spa. (Hey Snooki!)

It's pretty gnarly what goes into commercial nail polishes ( so switching to non-toxic makes me feel really good.

It’s produced in the USA and is Vegan, Halal, and Kosher.

* 100% Biodegradable
* 100% Soy based
* Non-toxic
* Non-carcinogenic
* Free of any Petroleum Ingredients
* Derived from Farm Crops which in turn supports American farming
* Packaged in 100% recyclable glass bottles


guess what? Spork Project Readers are exclusively invited to signup for Abe's Market "Insider List" where you get weekly deals up to 50% off all natural products.
Today's deal:
40% off Karma Organic Manicure Set.

Sign Up, baby!

7 comments:

Cole said...

cute! wrote a little something about your blog today. :)
http://lettersfromcoco.blogspot.com/2010/05/ive-got-crush.html

... said...

you are so sweet!!!

Suki said...

love your blog! I was in your shoes once - now we're married! push through the hard times - it's worth it!

Funky Mama Bird said...

Those look great! I'm envious; if I color my nails I swear the color peels right off in 5 minutes flat no matter what the brand.

Shayna said...

Nice - Love that NJ, home of chemical plants and oil refineries (I'm a Jersey girl - I get to crack jokes about NJ!) is the first to have an ORGANIC nail salon! :-)

Shawn Tina said...

haha! i don't listen to kid sister, but if/when i do, i will definitely think about back to the ice cream nails.

http://lachercheuse-accidentelles.blogspot.com/

... said...

Shayna,

do it!!! :)