Stopping to Smell the Coffee Beans

...

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Social Spotting: Falling for Adler



I had the pleasure of attending a XAPR event at the Jonathan Alder store in Chicago (weeks ago -- I know, I'm fashionably late with this post) and it put me in a chatter state of mind. Literally, each piece is an instant conversation starter. Blurts and shouts like "Did you see this?" "Oh this reminds me of" and "What's your astrological sign" were rattling throughout the entire downtown boutique with curious smiles and delighted eyes.

The experience made me realize if I ever find myself wandering around Chicago with the blues I will hike myself to the Jonathan Adler store and take a full dose. Somehow Adler's interior point of view has the ability to make you feel slap-happy. It's part kitchy, flavorful and modern while feeling completely comfortable and welcoming.

One thing I can't stand is interior design that would look better at the MOMA than in a home. But, hey that's just me, someone with absolutely no experience or reference in interior design.

Now if I could only afford it. Damn-it early twenties and lack of savings.

Ps. Yes, Jonathan Adler was there in person and he's just as fabulous as you'd imagine.

Visit the Jonathan Adler Store:
676 North Wabash Avenue
Chicago, IL 60611
(312) 274-9920

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

I L-O-V-E all of the orange and blue. They are so bright and playful.

Kaleena J. said...

Fun! I like these pictures.

Enjoy your weekend..

Jennifer said...

I have an award for you on my blog. Its slightly less annoying than a chain letter.