Stopping to Smell the Coffee Beans

...

Saturday, October 30, 2010

The Rye Stuff: easy brunch recipe!

(photos by me)


Over Easter/Passover weekend my girlfriend Elise made a beautiful Rye bread egg casserole and I was in love. It was colorful, tasty and EASY TO BAKE!

So I decided to try some myself! I found this recipe on Simply Recipes and it was DELICOUS!

I am obsessed with Rye Bread. I could eat it breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Ingredients

  • 6-10 eggs
  • 2-3 cups grated cheddar cheese
  • 6 slices rye bread, cut into cubes
  • 2 cups milk
  • Salt
  • Pepper
Additions
  • 1 cup corn (cooked or frozen)
  • 1/2 cup chopped broccoli (cooked or raw, raw will turn out crunchier)
  • 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
  • 1/4 cup sliced green onions
  • 1 cup cubed ham and/or cooked Italian sausage
  • A few slices cooked bacon, chopped
  • 1 teaspoon herbes de provence, or other dried herbs, or a Tbsp of fresh chopped herbs such as basil, rosemary, or thyme
  • 13 x 9 inch casserole dish

No comments: