Stopping to Smell the Coffee Beans

...

Thursday, April 8, 2010

She's got a Hankering: Romance Novel Style

Romance Novel Summer

collage by me



More than ever I am habitually inspired by love. {blah, blah, blah I know it sounds corny but it's true!}

Being in a long distance relationship makes you so aware of yourself, your relationship, insecurities and strengths. Lately, I have found myself completely engrossed in romance novels and movies: The Notebook, It had to be you, Sleepless in Seattle.... Now, I just wish I could hang out with my bf more than a few weekends a month. Boo.

So, since I have been inspired by love I have noticed my style has also been inspired. I love all things dainty, peachy, worn-in & shabby which has inspired me to create this "Romance Novel Style" collage... the looks are cozy, doting and tender.

My must haves for this spring are 1. Slouchy T-shirts. 2. Bootie heels. 3. Chiffon or lace appliques and 4. Peachy lipstick and blushes.

Adore.


1 comment:

Shawn Tina said...

don't ask my why or how, but this post makes me think of a quote from 30 rock:
"That’s what feminism does. It makes smart girls with nice birthing shapes believe in fairy tales."
i guess it's the fairy tale reference and my mind did all sorts of free-association from romance novel style. i'm a feminist and my nice birthing shape has probably been more of a repellant to the fellows my age (21), but i'm still holding out hopes for rightness/a righteous dude. one with whom i can wear lovely things like you posted and still feel like myself.
that's all i've got.