Stopping to Smell the Coffee Beans

...

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Help me plan my Best Friends Birthday {in DC}




I'm beyond thrilled right now! I just got werd that Rommy (my brother from another mother) is flying out to DC for his birthday while I'll be out there visiting Nick and family! Now I need some recco's from everyone on where to take this beautiful man to celebrate.

Please share the best joints in DC!

So who is Rommy?

Well he has been my best friend
since high school back in Michigan.

He speaks and cooks fluent Arabic

He is a MAC pro Makeup Artist in Chicago, so book your appointment with him. He rocks.

We Traveled Italy and Spain together a few summers ago and it brought us closer than ever.

We consider ourselves brother & sister. We love like that and FIGHT like that! haha.

Nick and Rommy used to challenge each other over who loved me more. I kinda miss those days! Ha.

Rommy lived in my studio apartment with me for 2-months when he first moved to Chicago.

Rommy 110% approves of Nick. but who doesn't!?


4 comments:

Legs said...

You absolutely must try Lauriol Plaza (http://www.lauriolplaza.com/), if you like Mexican food and margaritas. You may have already been there, but it's the perfect dinner location before a fun night out. It's halfway between Dupont Circle and Adams Morgan, so you can venture in either direct post-dinner. Note that they don't take reservations and it gets really crowded on Friday and Saturday nights, but know that that's half the charm: waiting outside with a frozen strawberry twist marg and some of the best chips & salsa this city has to offer. :)

... said...

Thanks Legs, I will check that out!!

PS. we have to do a double date. Me, you, Steak and Nick! <3

Morado said...

Ooo few of my fav dinner places in and around DC:
Cafe Asia - Rosslyn
Himalayan Heritage - Adams Morgan
Matchbox - Chinatown
And I second Legs - you gotta try the margarita swirls at Lauriol...yummmm!

Enjoy DC! xo Purva

... said...

The birthday was a success ladies!! Thank you SO Much for the reccos!!

Matchbox is TASTY! and Lauriol Plaza had some great margs!

Took both of your advice and ran with it, glad i did!