Stopping to Smell the Coffee Beans

...

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Social Spotting: a Brunch of City Slickers




It was Sunday morning, I was feeling a little lonesome so I called my favorite cowgirls' (& boy) and we got a fixin at Wicker Park's new spot
The Southern {kickass bar + comfort food}.

Cheesy grits? Yep. Fried green tomatoes? Yes ma'am. A rowdy bar to wet your whistle? You betcha. Although none of us drank alcohol, the bloody mary's at surrounding tables looked delicious!

I ordered the breakfast tacos, which were AMAZING while the other cowboys ordered breakfast mac&cheese, shrimp & grits and southern bacon. (okay maybe not southern, but...).

Chef: Cary Taylor creates heat in this kitchen. He's pretty much genius in my book.
Bonus: Dieztler Beef is on this menu. {Best Grassfed Beef on the planet}.
Rating: 4 sporks (outta 5, ya'll). I marked it down due to them charging me for coffee refills. I'm not down with that.

2 comments:

Cindy said...

ewww who charges for coffee refills?? that is just wrong!

Uptown Nanny said...

Where is the slash photo?