Stopping to Smell the Coffee Beans

...

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

it's a toss-up {sweet salad, homemade dressing}






I made this beautiful spinach, strawberry and walnut salad with a very special, homemade dressing. The best part -- I made the dressing on a whim all on my own!

I love rich, creamy dressings. The more fat, the better! However my new "highway to health" kick for summer is making me creative in inventing new, healthy recipes.

Spork Project Creamy Parmesan Yougurt Dressing

3/4 cup plain yogurt {I recco Kefir or Greek style}
Half lemon {get ready to squeeeeze}
2 TB parmesan crumbles
1 TB red wine vinegar
1 TB minced garlic {or to taste}
olive oil for texture
salt and pepper to taste

Throw all ingredients in a small mixing bowl, stir til then and enjoy!



1 comment:

lifeway said...

This looks delicious. Thanks for using Lifeway kefir in your creation!