Stopping to Smell the Coffee Beans

...

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Don't be Chicken to Roast a Chicken





Engagement Roast Chicken
by Barefoot Contessa
tunes: Lykke Li, Little Bit

A dear friend of mine Johanna Palka sent me this amazing roast chicken recipe that she had recently made for her fiance. She said it was one of the tastiest dishes ever so I quickly bookmarked the recipe. It's loaded with garlic, lemon and love so garlic lovers -- get READY to over eat.

I wont lie I was nervous to roast a chicken, actually I can't stand cooking chicken at all. I don't like the way raw chicken feels and I don't particularly like the way cooked chicken smells. However, I knew that if Johanna liked it, it was GOOD! (she's classy sassy).

And she was right. Nick and I had a blast cooking (he touched the raw chicken, not me) and we ate the entire thing.


ps I'm so proud of myself! I made Rosemary biscuits from scratch with no recipe or Baking Powder! I remember learning in Home Ec class that you need baking powder becuase the acidity of it creates air in the flour, which makes it rise. Well, I used lemon instead! I just winged it & they turned out fabulous!
this is what I used:

2 cups sifted organic flour
4 TBS organic butter
1 cup organic 2% milk
1/2 lemon squeezed (just the juice)
Salt
Sprinkle Rosemary on top

Bake at 350 for 15 mins!


No comments: