Stopping to Smell the Coffee Beans

...

Monday, January 25, 2010

A long distance anniversary: it stinks.

sending Nick some French kisses

Yes, a few years ago Nick & I had our first date on this very date. 1.12 will always have a special place in our hearts. Our past celebrations are always celebrated at La Scarola, a quint little italian restaurant in Chicago's West Loop where we shared our first date. I remember grinning like a schoolgirl the entire dinner. He made me blush, laugh and smile all at once. I had the proverbial butterflies in my tummy but that time they felt different, more sincere.

He warmed my heart like hot cocoa.

Nick,
I love you and I miss you dearly. I wish we could celebrate our anniversary together but celebrating via iChat and phone was just as fun. You always know how to make me feel so special and connected to you no matter how many miles apart we are. I know you are skeptical about "social devices" but I am so grateful that you trusted me with Twitter, Vimeo and Skype. I love sharing this blog with you. When I am alone in my apartment blogging away, I feel you with me. I laugh and smile as though you are sitting right next to me on the other side of the couch.. kicking me with your feet because you are too warm. Ha. Thank you for teaching me how to cook. You are my favorite friend, LOST-watcher partner, karaoke band mate, travel companion and my favorite cooking partner. Thank you for the wonderful years so far!

I got Nick and I these awesome city posters by Ork Posters for our anniversary! I hope he loves them as much as I do!

Can't wait to see you when you get here, Nick! I'm counting the hours. yay!!

Love, lisa

3 comments:

Lindsay Dewald said...

um how sweet is your love letter to nick!? the point of this comment is to say-Nick and I registered for the Ork posters! currently on our wall is chicago, brooklyn and LA. i love us

Nicholas said...

i'm the luckiest guy in the world... what can i say? i love you so much sweetheart. i will see you in 22 hours... and once i'm there i'll make sure every moment of this weekend is memorable for you.

Cindy said...

um you two are way too cute and Lisa why are you so amazing???