Stopping to Smell the Coffee Beans

...

Monday, March 29, 2010

Hosting our Love: the Internet

Whoever came up with the saying "home is where the heart is" was obviously not in a long distance relationship (or a jet-setter). Sure, I could say my heart is with Nick in DC but that's not fair to my fun, passionate and fulfilled life in Chicago, right? But then that's not fair to my family who is in Detroit, and my loving friends in NY, MI, CA, IN and MN, cause my heart is with all of them.

So where is "home" to the transient heart?

I've decided my heart's home is on the interwebz. Yep, i'm that big of geek. Right now my heart is literally being shared & poured online for my love, family and friends to experience. I can literally be in all the cities, states and countries that my loves are in and that makes me happy.
Saying goodnite in a long-distance world is one of the hardest things to do, ever. It feels, well, distant. It's easy to have fun while cooking on Skype however when you've had a rough day, sometimes you just want a hug from your lover. The digital world can give you words, emotions, laughter, photos and videos but it still can't touch you or kiss you goodnight.

Til then it's digital smooches, high fives and wet wellies!

Sweet dreams sweet boyfriend..

xox,
lisa

4 comments:

Cindy said...

lovers! love it!

elizabeth said...

your long distance relationship is so much cooler than mine :) xoxo

Amber Rae Lambke said...

I heart this post. Yay for how we can express via the interwebz! I love being able to relate to you and feel the challenges you are facing. Makes me feel close to you! :) Can't wait for more.

PS - photo of you and Nick = adorable.

Anthony said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.