Stopping to Smell the Coffee Beans

...

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Wakey Wakey, eggs and bake-y!


dish: fried egg and chop-stick scrambled eggs

Nick and I had an egg-off this morning.. er afternoon.. and it was blast. Nick had once told me that the first thing you learn in culinary school is how to properly fry an egg. I thought I'd take on the challenge and see what happens! To my surprise I actually did it! 4 eggs, 1 mess-up (oops!) and two delicious dishes later we were full and sastified!!

Scrambled Eggs in a Wok


You'll need:
2-3 eggs, beaten
1-2 tsps fish sauce

Beat three eggs and add about 1 to 2 tsps fish sauce. If you're not familiar with fish sauce, I suggest starting out with 1 tsp and see if you like it with eggs first before adding more.

Heat your wok on high and add a few drizzles of oil. When smoke starts coming out of the wok, add in the eggs and swirl around in the wok until a thin layer is formed.

No comments: